Thursday, July 24, 2008

the ultimate steve quiz

I figured, for my first real post on the new site ... that I'd open up a bit about myself.

20 questions. All multiple guess. Some of these are so easy, my 5 month old nephew can get them right. Some of them, I'm not sure anyone will get.

If you care to play along, you can email your response to skostus@kc.rr.com and I'll let you know your score and what the answers are. If I get enough responses, I might throw in a valuable prize to the "winner".

Here we go!

Question 1: Name my favorite season.
a. winter
b. spring
c. summer
d. fall

Question 2: Name my favorite golf course.
a. Shinnecock Hills, Long Island NY
b. Augusta National, Augusta GA
c. Olympic Club, San Francisco CA
d. Colonial Country Club, Fort Worth TX

Question 3: I have never attended a postseason game in which major sport?
a. MLB
b. NFL
c. NBA
d. NHL

Question 4: Name my favorite fast food establishment.
a. Taco Bell
b. Taco Bueno
c. Taco Cabana
d. Taco John's

Question 5: Identify the ex-Royals player who, upon meeting him, I informed him that I thought he was "the son of a bitch we traded David Cone for".
a. Bill Pecota
b. Kurt Stillwell
c. Ed Hearn
d. Dane Iorg

Question 6: Name my favorite frosty cold adult beverage.
a. Boulevard Bully Porter
b. Lakefront Brewery Cattail Ale
c. Rolling Rock
d. Shiner Bock

Question 7: Name my favorite TV show of all time.
a. "The West Wing"
b. "NYPD Blue"
c. "The Practice"
d. "The Sopranos"

Question 8: Name my favorite Chiefs player of all time.
a. Derrick Thomas
b. Joe Delaney
c. Christian Okoye
d. Bennie Sapp

Question 9: I have never voted for which Presidential candidate?
a. Bill Clinton
b. Al Gore
c. George W Bush
d. John Kerry

Question 10: Which game did I NOT wind up getting beat up / assaulted / dumped on by the other team's fans at?
a. Chiefs at Bengals, week 11 2003.
b. Chiefs at Vikings, week 16 2003.
c. Jets at Chiefs, week 1 2005.
d. Chiefs at Cowboys, week 14 2005.

Question 11: Name my favorite movie of all time.
a. "Saturday Night Fever"
b. "Roger and Me"
c. "The Devil's Advocate"
d. "Greedy"

Question 12: Who is the player in the Ring of Honor whose name I sit under at Arrowhead?
a. 65 EJ Holib
b. 14 Jerrel Wilson
c. 35 Christian Okoye
d. 16 Len Dawson

Question 13: In my "night that will live in infamy" from February 2001, I did NOT sleep with which of the following?
a. a stripper
b. a crippled chick
c. a 250 lb plus chick
d. a chick with a mustache

Question 14: What do I consider to be Gregg's finest players entrance moment?
a. after asking Cris Carter "Where's the Ring, Cris?" vs Vikings, week 13 1999, Carter was so enraged he nearly charged up the hill to deck Gregg.
b. not only yelling "Sweet Jesus, its Ed Hochuli!" and getting the "is that a problem?" response ... getting Ed to come back out and sign autographs and pose for photos with his biggest "fans".
c. calling denver broncos owner patrick j. bowlen a "classless jackass" to his face.
d. so enraging HOF WR fred biletnikof that fred started screaming "F*ck you! F*ck you!" as he lit his cigarette for the walk in.

Question 15: Name my favorite song of all time.
a. "Second Place Victory" by This Day and Age
b. "Innocent" by Our Lady Peace
c. "Perfect Memory" by Remy Zero
d. "Work" by Jimmy Eat World

Question 16: Name my favorite Chiefs play of all time.
a. "Pete Stoyanovich ... Pete Stoyanovich for President!" Stoyanovich from 54 to beat the broncos 24-22, week 12 1997.
b. "Holmes skips merrily in for the touchdown! My oh my Priest Holmes!" Holmes 21 yd TD pass reception beats Jets 29-25, week 5 2002.
c. "Vanover is almost gone and now he is ... officially gone! No flags!" Vanover OT punt return beats Chargers 23-17, week 6 1995.
d. "After reviewing the play, the runner did not reach the 48 yard line (crowd going ape sh*t ...)" a play I call "The Stand", a 4th and 1 hold vs denver to preserve a 31-27 win, week 14 2005.

Question 17: My favorite concert I have ever attended is?
a. Dave Matthews, Sandstone, June 2006.
b. Projekt Revolution, Sandstone, August 2004.
c. Ben Harper, Starlight, August 2006.
d. Full Feature, Yacht Club, Winter 2001.

Question 18: I am a Democrat primarily for social stances. However, there is one social issue that I disagree with my party on. That issue is ...
a. the death penalty
b. abortion
c. environmental concerns
d. gay marriage

Question 19:(for fans of the old site) Name the "Steve Pederson of Tailgating".
a. Ashley
b. Megan
c. Tara
d. Margo

Question 20: I've really been loving "Swingtown" this summer. Mainly because I love the social dynamics of that era ... and I love the soundtrack. I've literally spent nearly $50 on ITunes already downloading stuff off the show. But my favorite track downloaded so far is?
a. "One Toke Over the Line (Sweet Jesus)" by Brewer and Shipley
b. "Love Will Find a Way" by Pablo Cruise
c. "Higher and Higher (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me)" by Rita Coolidge
d. "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers

And a bonus (you're on your own here):

I graduated from college on Saturday, December 19, 1998. As Chancellor Ferrari noted in his speech, that was a day that "we all will remember for the rest of our lives". However, he was NOT referring to our graduation. What nearly unprecedented and historic event in United States history occurred that morning?

Again, you can send your answers to skostus@kc.rr.com. Or just guess, hell I don't care. This is out there for fun.

But if I was to make a wager, I'd say Gregg gets 14/20, Brent gets 11/20, and Heath breaks even in the 9/10 out of 20 range. And everyone gets the bonus if you just think about it ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...