Sunday, September 28, 2008

with eyes wide open ...

(coach taylor) you ready for this?
(qb1 matt saracen) (nodding head shakily) yes sir.
(coach taylor) tell me something. Last week, when you made that throw, when you made that amazing, unbelievable throw to win the game ... were your eyes open or shut when you made that throw?
(qb1 matt saracen) (smiling) my eyes were open, Coach. My eyes were wide open!
(coach taylor) that's what I thought. Come on, we got a game to win!

We got a game to win.

Its currently 4:26am as I type this. And my eyes are wide open.

Its donkeys day.

The dogs aren't moving. The roommate is sound asleep. But I'm ready.

My eyes are wide open.

We're winning this effing game.

I refuse to believe that this team, our team, MY team, the team we love with every ounce of energy, passion, and hope we have, I refuse to believe we are going down today. I refuse to believe the losing streak hits 13. I refuse to believe that those dirty cheaters from denver are going to come into our house and use us as their own personal urinal.

We're winning this effing game.

If you're coming out to Arrowhead a couple hours from now, show up prepared. Anyone can enter this game expecting the worst. Anyone can, to continue the "Friday Night Lights" analogy, anyone can envision the worst after Jason Street leaves the field paralyzed in the season opener.

Because we've been there. We've seen our QB1 be carted off the field ... and still somehow rally to make the playoffs. As recently as two years ago.

If you're coming out to Arrowhead today, please ... suspend reality. For four, five, six hours, however long you'll be there, suspend reality. Give in to the belief that this flawed, f*cked up team can beat the undefeated broncos.

Enter this game with eyes wide open.

Be loud! Make Arrowhead Rock! Do your part! Refuse to Lose!

Don't show up convinced we're doomed. We've witnessed a Chiefs team gain less than 200 yards of offense and still beat these guys. Or as Dick Enberg put it ...

"55, now they say 54 yards on the spot. Its up ... its high enough ... it is GOOD! Oh my! Kansas City wins!"

We've ensured denver coaches get fired. "Not even Santa Claus can save the denver broncos today!"

We've seen Kimble freaking Anders roll for 150 on these guys.

We can do this.

Chiefs 24, donkeys 20. I don't know how. I don't care how. The streak ends today.

And if not ... well, they have "delete post" on this thing for a reason ...

No comments:

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...