Sunday, November 9, 2008

bucks party number one! the recap ...

First, allow me to apologize in advance ... a few of us were pretty bombed by the time this thing was done. Which I guess makes us (d voice) "milwaukeean in nature". So I'm sure I'm going to forget some funny details. So ... that's what the comments section is for.

Let's do this.

* I got home around 3:30 to begin the final cleanup of the house to at least make it semi-presentable. I'd forgotten how much cleaning the place from top to bottom sucks.

* Sadly, I did not score a date from "reputable singles site" for this thing. Although from the way things unfolded, you wouldn't have known it ...

* Dusty got home around 4:30, armed with a new lamp, a Ne-Yo cd, and a Matt Nathanson Live cd to set the pregame mood. Solid choices all around.

* Damien and Mallory arrived first, around 5:30. They had $50 plus in "foo foo cheeses", plus a few of Milwaukee's finest products -- PBR and the Beast. Plus Mallory had some vodka and Dr Pepper concoction that was really good ... but really potent ...

* I was actually working when they arrived. Working. At home. At 5:30 on a Friday night, when we're hosting a party. (peter griffin voice) Cracked Magazine.

* I believe Gregg and Ashley were next, although it might have been Brent and Meagan. They both arrived around the same time.

* After a nice 30, 40 minute pregame conversation over some solid alcoholic beverages and Ne-Yo's latest efforts, it was game time.

* Mike Gorman! Tommy Heinsolm! Yup, we got the Celtics broadcast! No Bob "Beer" Cousy though, that was a shame.

* Bucks got off to a rock solid start. Led by 9 after one.

* The chicken was really good. Even if I didn't eat any until the next day, but once I started, (ne-yo voice) I just can't stop, I just can't stop ...

* About midway through the 2nd quarter, it was time to start taking some pics:


(left to right: gregg, ashley, meagan, mallory, me, brent, damien. not pictured: dusty. photo: brent's camera).

* OK, round two:


(left to right: gregg, ashley, meagan, mallory, me, brent, damien. again not pictured: dusty. photo: brent's camera).

(steve note: Gregg holding a beer in both pics ... and me NOT holding anything alcoholic in nature? The world has truly gone mad. Back to the recap ...)

* Bucks led by 5 at halftime if I remember right. Which led into a hysterical discussion on "Family Guy", followed by me demanding we play the "dignified cripple" episode that caused us to miss the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter. Not my finest hour.

* this round of drunken entertainment (as the Bucks were collapsing on the court), led to a hilarious recap of last week's package incident at the KU game with me and Brent's mom. Once again, my life exists for the entertainment of others. Somehow, I'm coming to grips with this.

* but the funniest moment of the night, at least to me: after we go off about the whole "package" deal, there, in the middle of the rug, is Duke the Wonder Dog, uuh, licking his package. After someone cracked the obligatory joke, the house just came down. Dusty would up snorting the Relax out of his nose. I was in tears. As were a lot of other people.

* our first casualty of the night? That would sadly be our Bucks, who lost 101-89. Props to Damien, who predicted a 103-89 final at halftime. Pretty damned close.

* our second casualty of the night? My dignity, which lost its last shred at about 9:30 when the first drinking game of the night began, focused on a part of my body being (2008-2009 bucks slogan voice) ready to rise.

* our third casualty of the night? Mallory, shortly after the above pic was taken, off to pass out in Dusty's room. And eventually in the guest room.

* We still don't have a name for the group. Apparently "Buck-a-Roos" isn't as funny as I find it. Right now the "Buck You's" is the front runner but I know we can do better. Speaking of doing better ...

* a big "Buck You" to nba.com for their p*ss poor shipping practices. To recap: I ordered my Luke Ridnour player t-shirt, plus an Oscar Robertson throwback t-shirt, last Saturday. I paid for 3-5 business day express shipping. At the absolute latest, I should have received my package no later than the day of the first party. As of the start of this post, it is still sitting in a UPS facility in Earth City, MO. Absolutely effing ridiculous. nba.com is getting a very nasty email out of me once said package arrives. No sense sending it now, only to have a "screw Steve, hold his package" email sent to Earth City, MO by David Stern and crew.

* speaking of packages, we got one from the Bucks front office! Full of schedules, a magnet, a pen, all kinds of good stuff. Thank you Milwaukee Bucks for actually believing you have fans in KC!

* Damien's folks showed up! We should invite them to join the "Buck You's", or "Buck-a-Roos" or "Who Gives a Buck" crew.

* On second thought, should we just hijack the "Outback Steakhouse" dj phrase and edit it slightly to "Its Just the Bucks, So What the F*ck!" as our group name? I mean, think about it. It incorporates the team name. It notes how pathetic the franchise has been. And it incorporates quality adult entertainment into the mix. (sports guy voice) done and done.

* D's folks clocked out about 12:15am. Probably good Mallory was already passed out. Gregg, Ash, Brent and Meagan left shortly afterwards. Dusty, me and Damien stayed up a while longer. Finally about 1am, a bong appeared. We'll leave it at that.

* I clocked out for the night about 1:15.

* I woke up the next morning about 8:30. D and Mallory passed out in the guest room, Dusty passed out in his room. After doing the pile of dishes, off to watch College Gameday.

* Sometime betwen 9:30 and 10, everyone else woke up. Probably because after 20 months in this house, I still can't close the damned dishwasher door without pounding it a couple times. (everyone joking at steve voice) that's the only thing you're pounding pal (rimshot!)

* If you had 10:12am in the "Steve gets back on the drinkin' wagon" pool for Saturday, congratulations, you're a winner! Mallory made me one of the drinks that caused her to prematurely leave the party. After having that ... I can see why she didn't last past 10pm. Strong, but good.

* D took off for the MU / KSU game around 11. Mallory left at the same time. And with that, Bucks Party Numero Uno was officially done. Hopefully round two is as much fun. Oh, and we actually win, because other than that, this party rocked.

Once I get picks from D, I'll add them on here. Until the next party, remember: we're Ready to Rise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

meagan and i's bucks shirts arrived on saturday (damnit, 1 day too late). we're ready for buck you party #2. name the date, name the time, we'll bring the corona, you provide the lime. sorry, just had a flashback to my Lil' Brezent rapping days. first party was a success and full of laughs. let's hope party two has less bucks gaffs...

bs

stevo! said...

i got my ridnour t-shirt yesterday. i did not receive my oscar robertson throwback t-shirt even though the tracking link nba.com sent me showed both shirts were shipped.

to say nba.com is on my "it" list, is a vast understatement.

party number two sometime later this month or early december. just don't start drawing bucks tats all over yourself if you're going flashback on us ...

week twelve picks

The Statisticals. Last Week SU: 8-6-0. Season to Date SU: 98-62-1. Last Week ATS: 7-7-0. Season to Date ATS: 75-80-6. Last Week Upset / ...